Today is a rainy, cloudy day here in Virginia. The temperature began at 61 degrees this morning, and it's supposed to get up to 76 by late afternoon. Being Friday, it was grocery day. Just about every week I travel 30 minutes to my nearest Whole Foods, not because I am sold on the store, but because they have the most options for organic food at the cheapest prices.
Last week as I was shopping, I noticed they had started telling people certain directions to walk in each aisle. Essentially, you walk down one aisle and then up the next. There are signs on the floors and marking the sides of the aisles. My personal opinion on this, which granted, doesn't mean a whole lot, is that it is ridiculous to have to be told which direction I can walk down a grocery aisle. I am certain that this is also very poorly thought through by someone. What if they have a customer who needs two items several aisles apart? Will they have to walk up and down aisles needlessly just to get bread and olives? Secondly, do they think that every customer is going to neatly wait in line while the person in front of them determines which brand of sauerkraut they want? Especially if they are only in the aisle because they have to go that direction to get to the olives in the next aisle over? But I digress.
So, today while I was purchasing my groceries, and wondering why I bother traveling 30 minutes to be told which direction I can walk and how far apart I can stand behind someone while waiting for them to choose the green beans they want, I noticed the store is no longer giving cash back. Somewhat perplexed, and again wondering if there was a run on all the banks that I hadn't heard about, I noticed a sign that explained that due to Covid-19 they are only accepting cash at designated registers and are not giving any cash back at any register. My thought quickly went to how, not 6 months ago, no one would have imagined you wouldn't be able to deal in cash at the grocery store. I also wondered if this would be a trend that would catch on at other stores.
I have never been one to predict things. If I played the lottery, the only way I would win is if someone else chose my numbers for me. I am terrible at guessing the future. I have heard of people speaking of Christ's return in their lifetime, and have never thought I was going to prophesy something like that. I still don't want to make any claim as to whether Christ will return in my lifetime, especially since, now that I am in my 50's, my lifetime has fewer years than ever before. But I can read the signs of Christ's return. It only took a breath and we are having to use "designated" registers in order to use cash. It really is only one breath away until we are unable to use cash and the mark of the beast. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how easily that is possible even if we go back to "normal" in a month or two.
As I left the store today, I looked up into the cloudy skies and whispered a prayer, "Even so come quickly Lord Jesus."
No comments:
Post a Comment