So, just a quick update on bloodwork. I was supposed to be having that done any time now, but we got a sizable bill from the IRS which pretty much wiped us out financially. Along with that Vernon's job is in the process of changing him from temporary to permanent status, which means a change of company. He will keep the same job, but the people that pay him changes. Long story, but that means that we are in limbo with regards to insurance until the switch is made. The insurance we have does not cover my cancer. The cost of getting insurance through his current employer was $500/month more than the cost of what we already had. We will have to see what the new insurance cost is with the new employer and decide if it's worth it to switch.
I know, some of you out there would tell me it's a no brainer. Pay extra and get something that covers your cancer. On the other hand, if I don't plan on doing conventional treatment we have to ask ourselves if it is worth paying $6000/year for something that I might possibly use if I change my mind and God leads me to do something different.
So, at this point, I am waiting. Bloodwork for cancer isn't cheap. We are saving up for the bloodwork in case we keep our current insurance and have to pay out of pocket, but we are also waiting until this transition period is over. If we take the employer offered insurance the bloodwork would be covered, but even then I'm not certain what percentage of the bill we would have to pay. God knows when it needs to get done. So, I wait...
No comments:
Post a Comment