Monday, October 22, 2018

Three Month Update

Because it's been three months since I had surgery, I thought now would be a good time to update everyone as to how I am doing.  There isn't anything huge to tell since I still have three months before I have a followup, but there are some things that I am experiencing that I thought would give you insight into my healing.  I still have what I would consider "stiffness" or "tightness" under my arm.  Usually this is in the morning.  I don't generally notice it any other time and once I get up and moving it seems to go away, or at least isn't noticable enough to think about.  I have 3 scars.  One scar is in the back of my armpit almost on my back.  It is the smallest of the scars, but the one that gave me the most pain after surgery.  It is circular.  I am not sure what exactly they used this spot for.  Then there are two incision sites.  One is in my lower armpit, and is the site where they took the lymph nodes from.  The other is closer to the breast and is where they took the tumors out.  None of the scars are at all noticable unless I am wearing something sleeveless, and then only if I raise my arm.  I still have numbness that goes from the circular scar down about 2 inches and is no more than 1/2 inch wide.  I also have some very slight numbness above the incision site where they took the nodes out.  Other than that all feeling has returned.  I suspect the numbness above the incision site will dissipate as it is so very slight.  Pretty much that is it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment