Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Next doctor appointment

Christmas has been busy here as well as for everyone else I imagine.  Over the last month or so, Duncan has had surgery and is recovering nicely, just in time to head back to college.  My "survivorship" appointment is tomorrow.  I am not really certain what will happen, but they said to plan on a 45 minute appointment.  I am hoping to at least get another scan just to put my mind at ease.  I don't really worry about the cancer returning, but it would be nice to know that everything is fine.  I have to admit that, while I don't worry about the cancer returning, there are times when something feels odd, or I get a twinge of pain, and I do wonder if there is something going on that I don't know about.  I know God has the whole situation under control.  For that I am thankful.  I am thankful the situation doesn't rest on my shoulders.  I am thankful I do not have to worry about the results of tomorrow's appointment.

Ok, so I went to my appointment, and there isn't a whole lot to tell.  Everything appears normal.  I did not have a mammogram done.  They will do that at my 1 year appointment in July.  She said they haven't found any benefit in doing a mammogram this early, and the breast is still healing and changing at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment