When I think back to February, I had several big things going on in my life. I was looking at the possibility of an interpreting job that I felt would be perfect for me right now. I could work from home. I would be interpreting for a Christian ministry. Anyone who knows me knows the deaf and sign language are very close to my heart. I had been also working on interpreting a song for church, as well as working on interpreting for a big rally this summer. I was volunteering twice a week, and working on a piece for our Easter service at church.
As February turned into March, doors started closing. I learned the interpreting job was being put on hold for the time being. Covid happened and we had to meet for church online. Volunteering stopped for the time being; another result of Covid. The rally was eventually postponed until next year, as was the Easter piece. Quite honestly, I got discouraged. I told myself that God knew I would never accomplish any of those things in the time frame I was expecting. As one opportunity disintegrated before me, I would encourage myself in the fact that I was still going to be able to do B,C, and D on my list, then C and D; until finally, my list was gone.
I still cannot say why everything fell through the way it did. I know God has a plan. I have seen Him turn negative experiences into positive ones like when we were able to use the money we inherited from my mother to help tide us over until Vernon got work. I certainly didn't want my mother to pass away when she did, and I would have loved to use that money in other ways, but God's timing was perfect. I have also seen, however, that we don't always get to understand why some negative things happen in our lives. One thing I do know, however is that whether or not I ever know why I didn't get to accomplish all that I had been planning back in February, God's way is best. As Job 23 says, "But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold." And Jeremiah 29 states, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."
On another note, and speaking of plans, I am currently working on getting in to see a new doctor. I have an appointment set up with this new doctor for June 9th. From what I understand, he can order an ultrasound, and various other tests that I may need. He is an integrative and functional medicine doctor which basically means that he blends natural and conventional medicine in his treatment. According to his website he has several different diet plans that he uses to target specific medical issues. This may mean tweaking or even entirely changing my current diet. I will keep you updated on what happens at that appointment.
No comments:
Post a Comment