Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Blessings Blessings Blessings

 I have quite a lot to update you on.  I saw the nurse practitioner last week.  My circulating tumor cell count was 1.6%.  Honestly, I am not sure exactly what that means except that I was told 4% would be a high number.  We all have cancer cells in our body.  Under normal healthy conditions our body gets rid of them and they don't cause a problem.  So that being said, the NP didn't expect to see a 0 on the test.  She does however want my number to be less than 1%.  In mid-December she will rerun the labs to compare my pre-mistletoe numbers to my post treatment numbers.  

I currently have 2 treatments left on my first round of mistletoe.  After that I will start another round which should take me through the end of the year or so.  With this second round of mistletoe I am at the dosage they want me to stay at.  I have an ultrasound scheduled for the Tues. before Thanksgiving to see what if any changes there are to the tumor.  

With starting the second round of mistletoe, we are considering expenses.  I am sure I don't have to tell anyone that continuing $660 a week is not possible even for 5 more weeks, shy of winning the lottery.  I believe God has directed me to do this, and I believe He has and is providing the money to do what we have done so far, but I must admit I also find myself worrying and fearful at times.  It's sort of like, I know He IS able to do this. I know He IS able to heal me, but I wonder if He WILL do it--if He will do it for ME.   He is certainly stretching my faith muscles if nothing else!  I think that is how the man who said, "I believe. Lord, help my unbelief." must have felt.  

When I went into the office for my treatment today the nurse who administers the IV told me that the practice had been gifted some money and they were giving me some of those funds.  I still have to pay $450 a week, but the Lord knows exactly how much money we need and I am praising Him right now that He has once again shown Himself able to meet my needs. 

On another note, does anyone want to guess what my Christmas gift is this year?  

Mistletoe, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment