Wednesday, February 3, 2021

What the future looks like

 I posted to my GoFundMe page about what I was doing and some people had questions, so I thought I would post some answers here in case you are wondering as well.  Feel free to ask at any time if you have questions and I will try to get them answered.  

As I mentioned in the last post I am continuing on mistletoe injections.  The cost of the injections is significantly lower, although they contain a significantly lower dosage of mistletoe as well.  The cost of IV mistletoe was running approximately $3500 per month. The cost of the injections is $300 per month.  The nurse practitioner said that if I was "no evidence of disease" my injections would continue for 5 years.  I do have cancer still, so I am not sure how long the injections will continue, but minimally we are looking at 5 years.  The injections are given 3x a week, and I give them to myself in my belly, much like a diabetic would give themselves insulin.  

The IVs were just the first step in my healing journey.  Ideally I need my inflammation levels within normal ranges so as to allow my body to fight the cancer effectively. Along with the mistletoe, I am taking several supplements to improve my health in general.  The healthier I am the better my body can focus on fighting the cancer.  I have more bloodwork in 10 weeks and another ultrasound scheduled for May.

I have also arranged for my functional medicine doctor to talk with the mistletoe nurse practitioner to coordinate my care better.  I think the saying goes, "Two heads are better than one."   

For now, that's where I am going forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment