Friday, March 5, 2021

A story

 One day God looked down from Heaven on His child.  He reached down with loving hands and said, "My Dear One, I have a gift for you."

"A gift for me?" I cried. "I love gifts!  What is it?"

"Oh, it's something special." He said. "But you won't want it."

"Won't want it?" I asked.

"No, but trust Me. It's for your best, and it will do a work in other lives as well, but it's going to hurt."

"Hurt? How? You're right, I don't think I want it. I don't like pain.  Why would you give me a gift that hurts?" 

"Just trust Me." He said as He opened an outstretched hand.  Inside was what appeared to be a tiny seed.

"Is this it?"

"That's all"

"It doesn't look like it will hurt." I replied.

"Will you keep it safe for me? I promise that even though it hurts, if you will let Me, I will help  you through the pain.  I'll be with you. I'll comfort you. You won't have to keep it forever, and when I'm through I'll take it back so it won't hurt any more."

"I don't know, Lord"

"Will you trust Me?"

"I guess so...Lord?"

"What is it, My child?"

"Will I have to keep it a long time?"

"Only until it has accomplished what I am doing. Not one second longer, I promise. I don't want to see you hurt, but trust Me this is best.  I don't give this gift to everyone, you know?"

"You don't?"

"No, but I know you can handle it. Trust Me."

"Ok, Lord."

The Lord then reached down and placed it in my breast as He said, "I am putting this right here, close to your heart, so you remember that I love you."


No comments:

Post a Comment