Friday, February 9, 2018

Since Branwen finished tenth grade last week, I gave her this week off school before she heads into eleventh next week.  I don't anticipate being able to post every day from here on out, but her break has given me the freedom to do a few things I don't normally get the chance to.

Ok, off that side note and onto testing that I've had done.  As I posted previously, I had an original ultrasound back in October 2016.  At that time the tumor measured 1.0 x .6 x .7 cm.  One month later I had a thermogram done that did not detect any heat.  Cancer is supposed to give off heat.  The thermogram report basically said come back in one year. 

I began my natural cancer protocol along with bloodwork.  If you go by lab standards I was pretty much within normal ranges for everything.  Bloodwork that I have had run several times over the last year has consistently come back within normal ranges.  Even my tumor markers come back within normal range.  When I say within normal range, if normal is from 0 - 15, mine come back at 7 or 8.  I am told it is not uncommon for someone with cancer to come back within normal ranges, or someone without cancer to have tumor markers above normal range.  I'm not quite sure how that works, but what I do know is that we all have cancer cells in our bodies.  If we are healthy and our immune system is working properly, our bodies fight off the cancer cells and they are not able to form tumors.  If our immune systems are weakened, our bodies cannot do the job God intended them to do and we become sick.  In my case, all the years of improper nutrition along with several years of stress weakened my immune system and I believe this is what allowed me to get cancer. 

After being on the protocol for four months or so I decided it was time to have another ultrasound done.  In April of 2017 I had this done, and the tumor measured 1.3 x 1.1 x 1.3 cm.  At that point, knowing that the tumor was growing meant a change in my protocol.  With conventional medicine, if you try a blood pressure medicine and it doesn't do what you need it to or the side effects are not something you can live with, they change your medicine or add another medicine.  The same is true of natural medicine.  Not everything that works for one person works for another.  So, at that point I stopped a few things I was taking, but mostly added some others. 

Fast forward four months to August of 2017.  I had another ultrasound done.  By this time we had moved to Kentucky.  I had a different business perform my ultrasound.  At that point the measurement was 1.9 x 1.7 x 1.5 cm.  I was told by the doctor reading the ultrasound that the tumor was "definitely growing."  He said that because they were a different business using different machines the readings might be slightly different, but the tumor was certainly not shrinking. 

Unless you have ever had cancer or another life threatening disease you cannot imagine what it is like every time the news comes back that things are getting worse.  There is a fear that wells up within you.  Doubts flood your mind.  Am I doing the right thing?  Should I just have done conventional treatment?  Maybe I was wrong?  If I continue this and it doesn't work what will happen to my family?  If I change my mind will they have to do the mastectomy?  I can't even begin to tell you all the thoughts I've had over the last year. 

Next time more on testing and how God showed me clearly that I am to continue on with natural treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment