Monday, March 12, 2018

So, I've been out of commission for the last week or so.  I started having an ever so slight headache Tuesday.  It was there, but I only really noticed it when I moved my head too fast.  I had started my spring cleaning Monday and continued with it Tuesday.  Wednesday morning when I woke up I ached from head to toe, but I chalked it up to old age and not enough exercise.  By Wednesday afternoon, however I had a slight fever to add to my aches, and my throat felt like I had swallowed fire.  Let's just say I've been quarantined to my bedroom for the last five days with the flu.  I thought at one point my temperature had gone down to normal, but alas it was not to be.  I think I may be on the mend though as my temperature has gotten back to normal, although I have not been at a normal temperature for 24 hrs. yet, my sore throat is finally only vaguely sore, and I actually got up and brushed my teeth today.

So, how does this relate to my cancer?  Well, I was going to be having bloodwork done in the next week or so, but now I am going to be putting that off to allow my body to get back to normal.  My white blood counts have been low pretty much since the beginning of all this.  They have always been within normal ranges, but on the lowest end of normal you can get.  I try to be very careful to stay away from people if it seems that I am at all possibly coming down with something.  I am hoping by giving myself a month or so to fully recover from this that my bloodwork will show me an accurate picture of what's going on, but this will push my next doctor's appointment back and my next ultrasound as well, assuming I can get an order for that.  But hey, now I know I'm not old!  We won't talk about the exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment