Thursday, July 8, 2021

One month out

It seems hard to believe it's been a whole month that I've been without breasts.  In some ways it seems like I never had them.  In other ways and at other times I miss them, but not for the reasons you would expect.  Like when I cross my arms and am used to having my breasts rest on my arms, I miss them.  It's a habit, but it feels strange.  I do not miss wearing bras.  I can't even say that I think I look terrible in my clothes now.  The Lord replaced my whole wardrobe two years ago and perhaps He gave me the clothes I needed, so I wouldn't feel the need to buy new clothes.  Just about every time I go out I am scanning the crowds to see if I can find another person who is going flat.  I think that is normal.  We humans like to be like others around us.  We like to fit in.  So, yes, in some ways I miss my breasts, but I never would have dreamed I would be looking at other women's chests.  That's weird, I know, but I think if I lost my arm and wore a prosthetic arm I would be looking for someone else with a prosthetic arm.  

On another note, I have gotten out and driven several times since I last posted, and I am getting back into some of my normal routines.  I've made it to church and Sunday School on Sunday morning.  I was hoping to get back to the evening service last night, but my energy level was zapped yesterday.  Maybe next week that will happen.  I have energy to be out and about for 2-3 hrs, but after that I am pretty much done in for the day.  Next week I have an appointment to look at prosthesis and mastectomy bras.  I don't feel the need to wear them, as I said, I don't miss wearing bras, but I do want to option available if I decide to use it.  Well, time for lunch.  Until next time...     

No comments:

Post a Comment