Friday, June 25, 2021

Two weeks post op

 I am now 2 weeks post op and feeling better every day.  These last two surgeries have taken more out of me than any surgery prior to this.  I suppose that is, in part, because I am older, but I think it is also in part due to the blood loss I experienced.  My surgeon has said that I can do anything I feel up to doing.  The problem is that I don't feel up to doing much yet.  I am up and around my house throughout the day.  I even walked to the mailbox the other day.  Woohoo!  But to actually do something for more than an hour or two lands me in bed for the next day.  

I went to church last Sunday morning just for the worship service, but then stayed in bed all day Monday. I needed to get out and see people.  It really improves me mentally.  Could I drive?  Yes, physically I have the ability to drive, but I don't want to.  Anyone who knows me knows this is abnormal for me.  Honestly, I really don't have the desire to go out of the house.  It has nothing to do with a fear of people seeing me flat chested.  As far as driving goes, I am just not up to making the split second decisions that driving would take energywise.  As for going anywhere with Vernon or the kids driving me, I just get too worn out even if it is to only get a burger at McDonalds.  For now, I stay at home and am content to do so.  The fact that I am content at home makes me wonder who I am becoming.  Prior to surgery I would get out at least once a day.

There will be times when going out is unavoidable, and when I have to, I will do what I need to do.  In the mean time, I take it easy and spend most days in bed resting.

No comments:

Post a Comment