Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Almost 2 months since surgery

 Some of the things I'm experiencing now are skin changes/scarring.  I may have mentioned the fact that I am very pleased with my scar.  It is still red and will be for a while, but should gradually fade over time.  I have been experiencing variations in the color pretty much since having surgery.  There are times where one place on the scar will be redder than another spot and then that spot will fade and another spot will become redder.  Overall, I think it's all about the healing process.  My scar itself is starting to thicken, again more in some places than in others.  From past experience, I think it will probably take a year before the scarring is actually finished.

Some other news, and one reason why I am posting this now rather than in a week is that I have accepted a new position as an aide for the deaf and hard of hearing in the public schools.  I am super excited and am hoping this will get my foot in the door to begin interpreting again.  I am excited not only because I will be working with the deaf, but also because someone actually thinks I am worth hiring.  As you know, I have spent the last 20+ years homeschooling my kids full time.  For some of that time I have also worked small part time jobs mostly because it was a way to remind myself that I was not only a mom, but also Eva.  I love my kids and they were my priority.  But after 20 years I have to admit that you begin to doubt yourself and your abilities.  

While I am excited about the job and future possibilities, I am also nervous about many things.  First, if I will physically be able to handle what is required of me.  This is not an interpreting job.  While I may need to interpret on occasion, I will mostly be signing.  I am also nervous about going into the public schools.  Public schools are not the same as they were 27 years ago when I interpreted, neither are they the public schools I attended as a child.  I have prayed about this job before applying.  I prayed again when I got the interview.  I found myself praying again as they were doing the background check. Not that I thought I would fail the check, but I have given the Lord an opportunity at every turn to throw this out if He didn't want me there.  I feel most equipped to work in the schools as opposed to another job with the deaf because I have spent the last 20 years in educating my kids.  At this point, I believe this is the job He would have for me and what He wants me doing.  

Until next time,

Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment