Monday, August 17, 2020

Update from my gp

     I wanted to get the perspective of my general practitioner on things as well as the surgeon because at first glance the tumor is the same size as a year ago.  Since he is an integrative doctor he is more inclined toward natural treatment and more acquainted with mistletoe treatments, but he also has a traditional medicine viewpoint from which to work.  He replied that he definitely wants the results of Thursday's mammogram and ultrasound to compare with last year's, but if the tumor is indeed the same size as last year and no new tumors are seen he is ok with me possibly waiting and monitoring the tumor.  The caveat is that I will need to go back on mistletoe treatment and complete the full course of 16 treatments this time.  He is also very guarded with suggesting this because we both know and understand that there is always the possibility that, while waiting, the cancer could spread and endanger my life.  I must admit that the possibility of not having surgery is exciting to me, but surgery is still not off the table until after Thursday's test results come back, and even then it could potentially come back on the table if the mistletoe treatment doesn't work.  I will keep everyone posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment