Thursday, July 19, 2018

Day 1 post surgery.  There was a slight mix up yesterday regarding my time of surgery.  I was told it was at 2:00 and to arrive at 12:30.  When I arrived they told me it wasn't until 3:30 and my arrival time was 2:00.  Once I got into surgery all seemed to go well.  The doctor thought he got all the cancer and the lymph node appeared normal.  I should be getting the pathology report on the node on Mon. or Tues.  Then I have an follow up appointment on the 30th with the surgeon.

Today I am feeling like I just had surgery yesterday.  I am in next to no pain unless I brush up against the incision site.  I am very tired.  I didn't sleep well at all last night.  I was awake literally every hour.  They think that's because I slept so much yesterday.  Other than that, my only complaint is that I am covered in iodine on my left arm and chest.  It's somewhat sticky, but hopefully it will wash off when I get in the shower.

I was talking to Vernon about how yesterday when I was in pre-op the lady across from me was saying how she was allergic to so much it was easier for her to tell them what she wasn't allergic to.  Then when I came out of surgery, the lady beside me was moaning and groaning.  When they asked her on a scale of 1-10 how much pain she was in she replied 10.  I am so thankful that cancer was/is  my only issue.  I've said it before, but it is so true, except for a little cancer I'm not sick.  The Lord is so good to have only allowed cancer in my life.  I know I could be plagued with some illness that would be an ongoing trial through the rest of my life.  Instead He chose to give me something that was/is slow growing and small enough to be taken care of through surgery.  I do not even need chemo.  Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment